Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - An Evolving Practice
We acknowledge the existence of historical and on-going issues of privilege, bias, and racism in our country. We commit to educating ourselves and working alongside our community with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion and in alignment with our Montessori philosophy by:
- Building respectful partnerships with families.
- Supporting children in developing a sense of pride reflected through personal identity, family, and cultural heritage.
- Providing content and experiences that inspire children to understand and embrace our similarities and our differences.
- Taking steps to identify and reflect on personal circumstances and perspectives, particularly those that may impact our ability to relate to others or sustain our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts in our school community.
- Working as educators to address prejudice, racism, and bias whenever we encounter it.
- Helping students develop skills to address social injustice whenever they encounter it.
- Offering age-appropriate information regarding prejudice and discrimination.
- Providing families with resources that invite them to learn and to collaborate with us in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community.